Try Something Other Than Turkey!
Posted on November 18, 2018
Turkey is an excellent source of lean protein, but not everyone is a fan of the famous holiday bird. So why not try another main attraction for your Thanksgiving table? Consider these other options:
- Baked Ham. Ham might be the second-most popular main dish item to serve during the holiday season – next to the turkey. This baked ham in champagne recipe will have your guests saying “What turkey?
- Chicken Breast. Chicken is another safe bet for non-turkey Thanksgiving because it is a dish that everyone is familiar with. The breasts can even be split and stuffed like they do in this recipe.
- Cornish Game Hen. Cornish game hen provides a solution to the Thanksgiving overeating problem. With all the sides and dessert available, cooking a Cornish game hen instead of a turkey is a great way to avoid what I like to call Homer Simpson syndrome.
- Grilled Oysters. Historians agree that some form of fish was probably on the menu at the first Thanksgiving since the New England area is abundant with seafood. So it might be a fun to serve clams or oysters as part of an “Original Thanksgiving” party. You may want to offer this as a secondary item, though, since it will take a lot of oysters to satiate hungry guests. Grilled oysters would be a great option for a small dinner party.
- Prime Rib. Many families eat prime rib to celebrate special occasions, and since Thanksgiving is a special occasion, why not? This prime rib recipe will have your friends and family licking their chops before dinner is even served.
5 Star Yelp Review from Nicholas & Staci Wildman.
Posted on November 04, 2018
We had our wedding in the seaside room at marina village with catering by ranch and put on by Bernardo. I cannot say enough good things about how everything turned out.. the planning process was painless and everything turned out beautifully. At night the seaside room is transformed and it is more beautiful than you could imagine, all the lights made the pictures so pretty. From our food tastings cake tastings to picking out linens and layout of the space, Bernardo is very experienced and will make sure all your boxes get checked. He is very professional and knows what looks good in the space. We had a lot of compliments on the food and he was even willing to let us come in for a second tasting with all vegetarian options. I would highly recommend working with Bernardo at ranch events to plan you next event.